Climb to Peru’s Sacred Feminine: Mt. Salkantay
Dates July 18-30, 2014
Host: Senior Faculty of the FWS
For FWS Students or Graduates Only
You must complete or have completed at least one FWS course to be qualified to attend this expedition.
We begin this journey to the top of the world by hiking up winding narrow mountain paths, breathing in the crisp fresh air, and meditating as we climb higher and higher to our goal – to source from the Sacred Feminine – Mt. Salkantay.
Each step is made easier by those around you – pulling you energetically along with them. We camp at Ichupampa near the base of this magnificent mountain – observing avalanches on Salkantay’s dramatic walls. Nightfall brings even more amazing sounds as we listen to the Pachamama’s breath and sleep peacefully beneath the stars and moon.
We ascend to Salkantay Lagoon at 15,750 feet, overlooking the Vilcabamba Range, and receive the high rites from our Q’ero shaman. There simply are no words to describe the beauty and peace one feels here.
This expedition is not for the faint of heart. It includes five days (four nights camping) on the mountain. Open only to advanced students or graduates of The Four Winds.
- Align with who you are becoming through sacred ceremonies at the ancient archeological sites of Pisa’q, Pumamarca and Moray, the “Belly of the Mother”, where you will sit in ceremony with the Shaman and prepare for the mountain journey.
- Accompany your Four Winds guides to the fabled “City of Light”, Machu Picchu(optional).
- Our pilgrimage to the Holy Mountain takes us through spectacular vistas of snow-covered mountains to sacred sites where we will bring our offerings and receive gifts of power from the mountains.
- Become part of a community of medicine people as you hike, travel and sit in ceremony daily with the Laika shamans – what you experience will source you forever.
Important Links/Additional Information
- Detailed Itinerary
- Passport, Flight & Other Frequently Asked Questions
- Optional Day Trip to Machu Picchu: One-Day Excursion July 21,2014 Price $375.00.
Base expedition price – $5,200 per person, single occupancy. – $4,450 per person double occupancy.
Individual travelers requesting double occupancy will be paired with a same-gender roommate. Airfare not included.
For More Information or to Register: