TRAVEL & WHAT TO BRING – CHILE
1. Passport:A valid passport is required for entry into Chile. A tourist card is issued at the international port-of- entry. All participants should carry a photocopy of the personal data page of your passport. A photocopy of your passport is the easiest way to prove your identity if you happen to lose your passport.
If you are traveling with a passport from a country other than the USA, please check the visa requirements by logging onto www.chile-usa.org/consular.htm
2. Booking Your Flight:You are booking your own international flights to Santiago, Chile. If you arrive before the starting date of the trip, you will be responsible for your own taxi transfer and hotel accommodations before the trip starts.
As soon as you book your flight, please use the appropriate link (below) to provide us with your flight details and emergency contact information.
Flight Information Form Link Chile.
3. Extra Nights:If you decide to arrive early or if your flight schedule requires you to stay in Chile one or more extra days or extra nights, you can stay at Los Lobos with previous reservation and confirmation of availability. Otherwise we recommend the W Hotel or Hyatt Hotel in Santiago or the Holiday Inn at Santiago Airport.
4. Herbs and supplements:Bring your daily supplements if you take any. Be sure to declare any herbs, honey, fruits or plants when coming thru customs to avoid fines.
5. Food and Water:While in Chile avoid drinking tap water since your system might not be used to the local flora. Once you arrive at Los Lobos Lodge, the water is pure and clean, and meals with special dietary requirements such as gluten or lactose intolerance are provided.
6. Travel Insurance:If for some unforeseen reason you must cancel your journey, your deposit is non-refundable. The Four Winds Society strongly recommends that you purchase travel insurance. One option is Travelex Insurance, which offers Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Trip Delay and Baggage insurance. We suggest you purchase travel insurance within three weeks of your initial trip deposit for the best coverage. For complete details, please visit: www.travelexinsurance.com or call customer service at 1-800-228-9792 Monday – Friday 8am – 7 pm CST. Please refer to Location 09-0821.
7. Money:Consider exchanging $200 – $400 dollars at the airport. Once we arrive at the Lodge we’ll be a half hour drive from the closest ATM. Make sure that the dollar bills you bring into Chile have no tears or rips. It can be a problem to exchange these.
8. Tips:Tips are not included in your workshop fee. A suggested tip totaling 5% of your total lodging and services will be added to your bill and payable at checkout.
9. Health:Chile has world class medical care, and no public health threats. If you take any prescription medicines be sure to bring enough for your travels. Containers should be clearly labeled with prescription forms to avoid problems at Customs. A travel first aid kit is advisable, as well as bringing your own favorite personal “remedies.” Remember, you are responsible for your own health.
10. What to bring:
11. Temperatures: Springtime falls between September and November, a mild and temperate time of year and also colorful: this is the time when the plants are blooming. Temperatures range from a minimum of 6 degrees C (43 degrees F) to 23 degrees C (73 degrees F).
Summer is from December to February, a time of year characterized by hot and dry temperatures ranging from 12 degrees C (53 degrees F) to a high of 34 degrees C (93 degrees F) during the day (with noticeable cooling down at night).
Autumn stretches from March to May, during which time temperatures decrease gradually over time, ranging from 7 degrees C (45 degrees F) up to a maximum of 22 degrees C (72 degrees F).
Winter begins in June and lasts through September, when temperatures rarely exceed 15 degrees C (60 degrees F). Even though this is the coolest time of year, the average temperatures rarely drop below freezing.
Altitude is approximately 800 meters (2,400 feet).
12. Contact: If you have any further questions please contact Scott Wheeler email@example.com 1 (888) 437-4077 or 1 (435) 647-5988.
Thank you for journeying with us!