THE FALLOWING POLICIES ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL EXPEDITIONS
1. Due to the limited availability of space on our trips and the time required to process trip reservations, your deposit will not be refundable and is non-transferable.
2. We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance in order to protect yourself in case extenuating circumstances force you to cancel your trip.
3. All reservations are subject to availability. A deposit is required to confirm your reservation. Final payment is due 60 days prior to the program start date.
4. If you must cancel your program, all payments made to and received by The Four Winds Society, less your deposit, will be refunded if written cancellation is received by our office at least 60 days before the program’s start date. If the written cancellation is received between 59 and 45 days before the start date, the cancellation fee is 30% of the cost of the program; if the written cancellation is received between 44 and 30 day, the cancellation fee is 50% of the cost of the program; if the written cancellation is received between 29 and 1 day before the start date, or if the student fails to attend without providing notice, the cancellation fee is 100% of the cost of the program.
5. Reservations: We ask that persons come to our programs for educational reasons, and not to seek healing of any kind. Persons with health or psychiatric problems may find some programs physically and mentally trying and risky. We recommend that in case of doubt, a physician or mental health professional be consulted.
6. Responsibilities: The Four Winds Society, Inc. reserves the right to accept or reject any person as a participant at any time, and to make changes in the itinerary whenever deemed necessary for the comfort, convenience, and safety of our participants, and to cancel a program at any time.
7. All payments are non transferable.
8. If a refund is approved, such refund will be made no sooner than 45 days after receipt of the written cancellation notice.
9. Although The Four Winds Society will do everything possible to hold programs, courses, and expeditions as scheduled, cancellations may occur for reasons beyond the control of The Four Winds Society. Such cancellations may be the result of acts of God or force majeure (including, but not limited to, earthquakes, volcanoes, severe storms, floods, etc.), political machinations (including, but not limited to, war, closure of borders, etc.), terrorism or threats of terrorist activities, or acts of other third-parties (including, but not limited to, the canceling of reservations by conference centers, hotels, etc.). If a program, course, or expedition is cancelled for reasons indicated in this paragraph, or for any other reason beyond the control of The Four Winds Society, then the student will be given a credit to attend a future course, program, or expedition of the same nature as the cancelled event for a period of two years. No refunds will be issued for cancellations beyond the control of The Four Winds Society.
10. Whether a cancellation is due to a request by the student, or whether the cancellation is initiated by the Four Winds Society for any reason, in no event will The Four Winds Society be responsible for personal expenses incurred in preparation for or in relation to the cancelled program. Such personal expenses may include, but are not limited to, travel expenses, childcare expenses, or any other expenses incurred by the student. The student acknowledges that any refund identified in these policies is solely for monies that have been paid directly to and received by The Four Winds Society as an expense for the subject program, and the student holds The Four Winds Society harmless for any other monies that the student may pay to third parties in preparation for or in relation to any program.