THE FOUR WINDS SOCIETY
REGISTRATION, DEPOSITS, RESCHEDULING,
AND CANCELLATION POLICY
The programs, courses, and expeditions offered by The Four Winds Society (“Four Winds” hereinafter) are intensive journeys of learning and transformation. In order to receive the full benefit of the programs, courses, and expeditions, students must be committed to their journey. The following policies are intended to assist with a successful experience:
Registration: Registration will be considered complete upon the payment of your deposit. Deposits are due within 60 days of the commencement date, and payment of the balance is due 30 days before the commencement date. Based on space available, Four Winds will endeavor to facilitate student bookings at later dates. In the remote circumstance that minimum class or event sizes are not reached, such event will be rescheduled and all associated deposits or additional payments will remain in good standing.
Deposits: Deposits for all classes or expeditions are non-refundable; however, Four Winds will attempt to facilitate the transfer of any deposit, tuition payment or expedition fee to a subsequent event should circumstances make participation in the scheduled event impossible.
Rescheduling: Should the transfer of any deposit become necessary from one scheduled event to another, Four Winds will facilitate the first such transfer for a fee of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00).
Special Offers and Discounts: In order to encourage our Students to fully commit to a full curriculum (which, by design, are presented as a set of classes), the full curriculum may be purchased in one lump sum advance payment for a twenty (20%) percent savings. Four Winds will occasionally offer promotional or short-term specials. Any such offering is time sensitive and may only be applied during the limited time period associated with the offering. If all discounted courses, expeditions, or programs are not completed in the full curriculum, or payment terms are not met the discounts become void and full program price is charged. This applies to cancellations and refunds (see below).
Cancellations: If a student desires to withdraw before the start of the class, the student must send a written withdrawal letter to Ruby@thefourwinds.com, at least 30 days before the course start date. The student will receive a refund of the cost of the class, but only to the extent that all funds have been paid to and received by the Four Winds, minus a cancellation fee of $300.00 per class.
1. If a student desires to withdraw within the 30 days before the course start date, or on the first day after a class has commenced, the student must: (a) speak to the lead teacher of the course (if the course has already commenced, the student must speak with the teacher before leaving the site location or venue); and (b) the student must send a written withdrawal letter to Ruby@thefourwinds.com, within five days after speaking with the lead teacher at the class. Whether a refund will be issued, or a credit is given for a future course, will depend upon the circumstances of the situation, and will be determined on a case-by-case basis, at the absolute discretion of The Four Winds, and will be subject to a cancellation fee of $300.00 per class.
2. If a student has taken one or more classes and wishes to withdraw from a pending Light Body or Masters course, the student must send a written withdrawal letter to Ruby@thefourwinds.com, at least 14 days before the commencement of the pending course. Whether a refund will be issued or a credit given for a future course, will depend upon the circumstances of the situation and will be made on a case-by-case basis at the absolute discretion of The Four Winds, and will be subject to a cancellation fee of $300.00 per class.
The following policies are applicable to Expeditions unless otherwise indicated with the trip details:
a. Due to the limited availability of space on our trips and the time required to process trip reservations within our office, your deposit will not be refundable and is non-transferable.
b. We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance in order to protect yourself in case extenuating circumstances force you to cancel your trip.
c. All reservations are subject to availability. A deposit is required to confirm your reservation. Final payment is due 60 days prior to the program start date.
d. If you must cancel your Expedition, all payments made to and received by The Four Winds, less your deposit, will be refunded if our office receives written cancellation at least 60 days before the program start date. If the written cancellation is received between 59 and 45 days, inclusive, before the start date, the cancellation fee is 30% of the Expedition Price plus any other costs already incurred by The Four Winds relating to your reserved attendance. If the written cancellation is received between 44 and 30 days, inclusive, the cancellation fee is 50% of the Expedition Price; and if the written cancellation is received between day 29 and 1 day before the start, or if the student fails to attend without notice (no-show), the cancellation fee is 100% of the Expedition Price.
If a refund is approved, such refund will be made no sooner than 45 days after receipt of the written cancellation notice.
Although The Four Winds will do everything possible to hold programs, courses, and expeditions as scheduled, cancellations may occur for reasons beyond our control. Such cancellations may be the result of acts of God or force majeure (including, but not limited to, earthquakes, volcanoes, severe storms, floods, etc.), political machinations (including, but not limited to, war, closure of borders, etc.), terrorism or threats of terrorist activities, or acts of other third-parties (including, but not limited to, the cancelling of reservations by conference centers, hotels, etc.). If a program, course, or expedition is cancelled for reasons indicated in this paragraph, or for any other reason beyond the control of The Four Winds, the student will be given a credit to attend a future course, program, or expedition of the same nature as the cancelled event for a period of two years. No refunds will be issued for cancellations beyond the control of The Four Winds.
WHETHER A CANCELLATION IS DUE TO A REQUEST BY THE STUDENT, OR WHETHER THE CANCELLATION IS INITIATED BY THE FOUR WINDS FOR ANY REASON, IN NO EVENT WILL THE FOUR WINDS SOCIETY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PERSONAL EXPENSES INCURRED IN PREPARATION FOR OR IN RELATION TO THE CANCELLED EVENT. SUCH PERSONAL EXPENSES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, TRAVEL EXPENSES, CHILD CARE EXPENSES, OR ANY OTHER EXPENSE INCURRED BY THE STUDENT. THE STUDENT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ANY REFUND IDENTIFIED IN THESE POLICIES IS SOLELY FOR MONIES THAT HAVE BEEN PAID DIRECTLY TO AND RECEIVED BY THE FOUR WINDS AS AN EXPENSE FOR THE SUBJECT EVENT, AND THE STUDENT HOLDS THE FOUR WINDS SOCIETY HARMLESS FOR ANY OTHER MONIES THAT THE STUDENT MAY PAY TO THIRD PARTIES IN PREPARATION FOR OR IN RELATION TO ANY COURSE.
PROPRIETARY INFORMATION POLICY
This policy is to ensure that the healing practices, exercises, materials and terms presented to students in any program are utilized appropriately. In order to enroll in any program or course, students agree to the restrictions on the use of information presented by the Light Body School (the “LB School”), and students and graduates must observe the following guidelines for using and sharing this work:
1. Students and graduates of the LB School may not advertise or present themselves in any way that implies that they are a branch or authorized representative of the Light Body School.
2. Students or graduates may not advertise or represent themselves as being certified by the LB School to teach, unless they have gone through the Dying Consciously or Medicine Wheel Teacher Training Program as taught by the Four Winds, and received the appropriate certification.
3. This tradition is an oral tradition and students are encouraged to take notes. However, any materials handed out during the LB and Masters classes are for the students’ personal use only. Students may not provide materials to any other individuals, including clients or family members, unless authorized by the Four Winds by written permission.
4. You may not teach LB School healing techniques, methods, exercises, materials or any other part of the curriculum developed or used by the LB School in any manner. Setting up schools, or sponsoring seminars, workshops and training programs that use the Light Body techniques, curriculum, and materials is unlawful.
5. Graduates of the Light Body School are authorized to practice as a Light Body Practitioner but are not authorized by the LB School to teach or train others in the LB School healing methods and techniques.
6. If a Teacher or graduate wishes to give an informational talk or seminar about the Light Body School, please contact the office to obtain guidelines and materials available for such events.